Employer Pledge Partners
Will your business make the Youth Employment Pledge?
Leading Auckland businesses are making the commitment to employ Auckland's youthful talent to grow their future workforce and grow their businesses.
The Mayor of Auckland, Len Brown, has called on businesses that can benefit from employing young people to formalise this commitment by becoming Auckland Employer Pledge partners.
The evidence – and experience of business successful business leaders like Sir Stephen Tindall – is that getting young people and diversity into business, is good for business.
Many businesses already have youth employment and workforce programmes in place. The Employer Pledge celebrates and builds on these initiatives.
Pledge partners are awarded a kitemark logo that identifies them as a registered and quality youth employer.
Employers who’ve already pledged their commitment to youth employment include: Fletchers Group, The Warehouse, SKYCITY, Auckland Council and Intercontinental Hotels Group.
Employer pledge support package
Businesses with the employer pledge kitemark logo are eligible for a package of support from the Auckland Skills and Employment Hub. This package includes:
- the Mayor of Auckland’s recognition of the youth employment commitment
- access to a tailored youth recruitment platform
- support to identify young people who are the "right fit" and access to tools and support to increase work readiness
- expert insights and research, including peer-to-peer and sector-wide learning about successful youth employment models
- assistance with breaking down any organisational barriers and identifying additional support available.
The Auckland Skills and Employment Hub is a shared space where businesses, government, and other groups come together to co-design and prototype youth employment projects. The Hub is supported by major sponsors the Tindall Foundation, ATEED and Auckland Council.
The Hub recently delivered JobFest15 which brought together 50 employers with over 300 vacancies and 2000 young people.
Successful Auckland businesses are signing up to youth employment pledges because it's good for business and the community.
Find out how your business could benefit from making the Employer Pledge please contact:
- Theresa Rorason: 021 835 091 or Theresa.Rorason@aucklandnz.com
- Melissa Hall: 021 515 847 or Melissa.Hall@aucklandnz.com
Employers who have pledged with the Mayor of Auckland to date:
Draft pledge partner:
- Vodafone New Zealand
- Waste Management